Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Adventures in Brigid's lack of preservation instinct

I have a weakness for drably colored domestic creatures. Which means I have more pictures of squirrels, sparrows, and geese than I do of my own mother. Literally - I just checked. 

 This goose was so picturesque I couldn't help myself. But I'd only snapped a few shots before the goose got suspicious.
 I've lived in Ohio long enough to know that when a goose turns his attention on you, it rarely ends well for anyone.
 So I didn't figure he was coming over because he wanted to be friends, but still...
 ...I wanted to see how this played out.
 ...as if I couldn't guess how this would play out.
 A real photographer would likely have held her ground when the goose got within striking distance and then started to very gently hiss.
It is hard to take pictures while sprinting backwards while apologizing profusely to a goose and whimpering a bit, but I managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment